Synergea Family Health COVID-19 INFORMATION
Given the recent unprecedented increase in Omicron COVID infections, your Synergea Family Health team has some important information to share.
The high number of COVID infections is having an impact on our health clinic and on our requirements for clients. The following link is to AHS where you will find information on COVID (facts, testing, isolation requirements etc) COVID-19 Information for Albertans | Alberta Health Services . Here are some common questions:
1. If I develop symptoms, what should I do?
Review the symptoms listed on the Alberta Health Website and if your symptoms are listed, follow the instructions.
- Immediately isolate. Follow all isolation guidelines.
- Arrange to get tested:
– If you have access to a rapid test, use it to complete a self-test. Follow the instructions to review what to do next depending on your rapid test results. Most people do not need a PCR test to confirm a positive result, but it will be recommended for some people.
– If you do not have access to a rapid test, book a PCR test through an AHS testing site or by calling HealthLink at 811.
2. If I contract COVID-19, what should I do?
It is important that you isolate to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Continue to follow all isolation guidelines.
Isolation guidelines have recently changed so that fully vaccinated people may be able to shorten isolation time. Carefully review the guidelines to see if this would apply to you.
Monitor your symptoms and call HealthLink at 811 or your primary care physician if you are getting sicker or are concerned.
Manage your symptoms at home.
3. Should I let Synergea Family Health know if I test positive for COVID-19?
If you have a positive rapid swab or are symptomatic from COVID-19 with a known exposure, please advise us.
Note: If you are feeling quite unwell call HealthLink at 811 or your primary care physician.
4. How is this impacting Synergea Family Health?
There are occasions, when appropriate, where virtual visits, phone calls and secure email will be an optional way to deliver care. We encourage you to consider these options for specific visits if there are concerns regarding your health status. Please do not hesitate to contact the front desk at 403 247-2947 if you have questions specific to this.
5. Is there any treatment for COVID-19?
Certain high-risk patients with early symptoms may be eligible for treatment options but you must contact your primary care physician or AHS for more information.
The pandemic has been stressful for everyone and has provided unique challenges for all of us providing health care. Although the focus has been on the physical impact of COVID, we recognize the devastating impact this is having on the mental health of many of us. Your Synergea Family Health Team remains committed to providing support during these challenging times.