What is Reiki?Reiki practitioners have received both instructions and Reiki “attunements” which raise and accelerate their energy flow. The practitioner learns techniques that help support in strengthening her energetic connection to the universal life force energy while also building her inner ability to hold that energy. The practitioner provides a Reiki treatment by the gentle act of “laying on of hands” with the intention to be of assistance. The client draws on that energy and controls the session energetically by their specific needs at the time. The rate at which it flows is dependent on the extent of the illness, the degree of blockage, and the readiness of the client to accept the healing.
Reiki is a universal energy of Love which when channelled through a practitioner hands helps to awaken the clients innate healing abilities so they can use their own healing energy to heal their bodies. Every one has the wisdom to heal them selves, Reiki awakens them to this wisdom and healing occurs. Reiki relaxes the body, helps the stresses of the day to be released, and balance occurs and healing begins. The Reiki practitioner assists the client to heal them self spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically by a simple laying on of hands. The practitioner channels the Universal Life Force energy allowing it to flow where is needed to bring the energy centres (chakras) into alignment. The Reiki practitioner must be a clear vessel through which the healing energy flows.
The body is more than just a collection of functioning parts. Since everything generates a frequency, the body and its organs have their own energy field which is continually changing. All conditions of disease are rooted in this energy system. If our “life force” is low or blocked, we are more likely to get sick. But if it is high and flowing freely, we can maintain our health and well being.
The Seven Major ChakrasChakra is pronounced “chock- rah” and it means wheel. Each chakra appears as a wheel of color. Energy flows in and out of the aura (your energy field that surrounds your body in layers) through the chakras. Each of the seven major chakras corresponds with an endocrine gland that controls hormonal balance and a major nerve plexus. The hormones produced by these glands flow directly into the bloodstream or into blood vessels of the organs, bringing the necessary energy into the body.
- ROOT CHAKRA (RED) - The first chakra is located in the base of the spine and is associated with the color red and the adrenal glands, kidneys, spinal column, and the leg bones.
- SACRAL CHAKRA (ORANGE) – The second chakra, located between the navel and the genitals is associated with the colors orange and red-orange. The gonads, prostate gland, spleen, reproductive system, and the bladder are governed by this chakra.
- SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA (YELLOW) – The third chakra is located above the navel in the solar plexus and is associated with the color yellow and the pancreas, liver, gall bladder, digestive tract, stomach, and the autonomic nervous system
- HEART CHAKRA (GREEN) – The fourth chakra is located at the heart level and is associated with the color green/or pink, and the thymus gland, heart, lower lungs, circulatory system, hands, skin.
- THROAT CHAKRA (LIGHT BLUE) – The fifth chakra, located at the throat area is associated with the color sky-blue and the thyroid gland, throat, jaw lungs, vocal cords, and digestive tract.
- THIRD-EYE CHAKRA (NAVY BLUE) - The sixth chakra located at the forehead is associated with the color indigo and the pituitary gland, lower brain, left eye, ears, nose, and central nervous system.
- CROWN CHAKRA (PURPLE) – This seventh Chakra brings through the life energy that flows through the body and out the Root Chakra, as they are connected. The crown chakra is like a satellite TV dish, and it receives energy from all around it, like having the radio turned on to a 150 different stations.
- Stress – A Major Contributor For Disease
- Work overload
- Shift work
- Physical environment
- Work pace
- Conflicts with others
- Promotions or lack of
- Job security
- Low pay or loss of pay
- Feeling threatened
- Lack of communication
- Inadequate health insurance benefits
- Benefits of Reiki during Pregnancy
Benefits of ReikiReiki complements and enhances all types of medical treatment. It helps relieve stress, agitation and acute and chronic pain; it is helpful as an aid for sleeping; and it also can be an energizer. It promotes the release of emotions such as grief, anger, or anxiety, and provides comfort in palliative care. Reiki accelerates wound healing. It clears blockages in the physical, mental, and emotional bodies. It produces a feeling of mental clarity, calmness, well-being and spiritual connection in the recipient. Reiki aids healing in virtually every known illness and injury. The person being treated is not “healed” by the practitioner, but by the life force flowing through the Reiki practitioner.
Babies, Children, Adults, Animals and Plants all benefit from Reiki’s life force. It can be utilized in any setting; it does not have to be in a hospital, but works well in any location. Reiki can be used in emergency rooms, outpatient clinics, intensive-care units, operating rooms and all other patient settings. Babies and Children are very receptive to the life force, as they have not put any barriers up to block their life streams, so the Reiki energy flows unrestricted. It helps to calm hyperactivity, relaxes and soothes, and heals the wounds and tears of the child. It helps with pregnancy, in the delivery room; it is beneficial to the birthing process and in essence helps the baby to relax during the transition into this world.
Everyone can benefit from Reiki treatments even when there is no illness. Some of the conditions clients present include:
- Anxiety / Stress
- Vascular Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Eating/Digestive Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Hyperactivity / Attention Deficit
- Allergy / Sinus Conditions
- Pre and Post Surgery
What to expect during your first session?A Reiki session is approximately 45 minutes in duration. Reiki is given to a fully-clothed patient lying down on a massage table. Before the actual session, I will ask about your general health and any medical problems or concerns which you may have. During the session, I will follow a routine set of hand positions on or above your head, shoulders, back, chest, stomach, and limbs. As with acupuncture treatments, some patients are energized while others feel relaxed after the Reiki session. The Reiki experience of everyone is unique.
General Intake Form – For all clients at Synergea, you may print this form and bring it to your appointment, or you may complete it upon arrival.
Female Client Supplemental Form – For all female clients (16 years or older) you may print this form, complete it and bring with you to your appointment.
Financial Policy Form
Reiki intake (link to follow)
[hide first visit and forms]
Clinic hours are Monday to Friday 8am – 7pm and Saturday 9am – 4pm
60 minute Session- $105.00
[hide office hours and fees]
60 minute Session- $105.00
[hide office hours and fees]