Massage therapy is provided by:
What can massage therapy treat?Massage has proven to help, and in some cases eliminate symptoms of :
- TENSION HEADACHES
- CHRONIC PAIN
- HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
- ACCIDENT RECOVERY
- SPORTS INJURIES
What types of massage treatments do you offer?At SYNERGEA, there is a wide range of massage therapy treatments and techniques available. We encourage you to eplore them all and choose what is right for you.
- Aromatherapy – This swedish relaxation massage includes 3 to 4 essential oils to help calm, relax and soothe you.
- Children/Infant – Your child or infant will discover relaxation and fun as they experience the health benefits of a therapeutic massage.
- Detoxification – A lymph drainage technique used with a detox oil to help the body detoxify and cleanse impurities. Relaxing and rejuvenating!
- Hot Stone – Heated stones are used in a massage session. The heat deeply penetrates into the muscles, bringing deep relief. This treatment also improves circulation and detoxification.
- Lymph Drainage Therapy -A specialized technique to reduce swelling/edema and promote a rejuvenated lymph system. For more information, click here.
- Maternity Massage – Prenatal and Postnatal massage are included in this category. Many studies have proven massage during and after pregnancy is highly beneficial for the mother and child. Reduction of pain, HBP, edema, and depression are just some of the benefits. You can feel safe and comfortable with our trained professionals.
- Reflexology – A natural healing art, based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet and hands that correspond/connect to every part of the body.
- Reiki – This ancient form of energy healing is also known as the “laying of hands”. It is known to reduce stress, illness and depression.
- Relaxation – This type of massage is perfect for reducing stress, tension and overall soreness or pain. Is is traditionally swedish massage which uses lighter, sweeping strokes. It is the most popular massage in the world!
- Sports – A variety of techniques are used in this therapeutic massage. Pre-event or Post-event treatments are available as well as recovery from sports related injury.
- Therapeutic – Most massage therapy falls under this category. Modalities/techniques used can include: deep tissue, soft tissue, trigger point, cyriax frictions and relaxation.
- Tui Na – Tui na is a form of Chinese manipulative therapy. It is most often used in conjunction with Acupuncture, Moxibustion, Chinese Herbalism and Qigong.
- Whiplash/MVA – Whiplash is an injury to the neck resulting from either acceleration or deceleration. It is most often associated with moter vehicle accidents (MVA’s). This is a specialized treatment that is often in conjunction with chiropractic care.
BEFORE YOUR MASSAGE
- Communication – Please make sure you talk with your RMT about your health issues, your preference for massage type (refer to list of types of massage available) and your preference for pressure.
- Requests – Your RMT can accommodate your preference for the amount of pressure, using unscented or scented oil, or keeping on some of your clothing. Your comfort is important but it is up to you to let the RMT know.
- What should you wear to a massage? – Wear what is comfortable for you but be prepared to remove jewellry, clothing and glasses. It is suggested to also remove contact lenses but this is an option. Let your RMT know if you prefer to leave some of your clothing on. The best massage is usually given without clothing to interrupt the flow of treatment. It is best to have long hair out of the way.
- INFORMATION – Be sure to check out our website or call our clinic to decide what type of massage is best suited to your needs.
Forms:General Intake Form – For all clients at Synergea, you may print this form and bring it to your appointment, or you may complete it upon arrival. Female Client Supplemental Form – For all female clients (16 years or older) you may print this form, complete it and bring with you to your appointment. Financial Policy Form Massage Consent Form (link to follow) [hide first visit and forms]
It is our policy that treatments are paid for the day service is provided. (We accept Visa, Master card, Debit, Cash or Cheque). If weekly payments are more convenient, you may pay at the beginning of the week and we will credit your account. Also, check with your health insurance company regarding reimbursement of fees, as most third party health insurance covers chiropractic (which can include laser pain treatments), and massage therapy treatments. Some plans also cover acupuncture, orthotic and naturopathic visits. Clinic hours are 8:00am to 7:00pm Monday to Friday and 9:00am-4:00pm on Saturday. Please call the office to find out about massage availability. Massage Therapy 30 Minute Session – $48.95 45 Minute Session – $66.25 60 Minute Session – $79.75 90 Minute Session – $116.75 Massage Foot Treatments 30 minute Session – $45.10 CranioSacral 15 Minute Session – $25.00 30 Minute Session – $50.00 45 Minute Session – $70.00 60 Minute Session – $90.00 90 Minute Session – $125.00 Lymphatic Massage 30 Minute Session – $47.50 60 Minute Session – $90.00 90 Minute Session – $125.70 Hot/Cold Stone Massage Therapy 60 Minute Session – $95.40 75 Minute Session – $106.00 90 Minute Session – $127.20 Detoxification Massage 60 Minute Session – $90.00 90 Minute Session – $125.70 Thai Massage Initial and Mat Sessions (120 Minutes) – $142.00 Table Session (90 Minutes) – $105.00 Low-Intensity Laser Therapy (LILT) “Chronic Pain” Initial Assessment – $78.75 30 Minute Session – $52.50 60 Minute Session – $105.00 [hide office hours and fees]