Please help us fill our ‘Christmas Pajama Drive’ box. Please bring a NEW and UNWRAPPED pair of pajamas for boys or girls, ages 0 – 12 years, during the month of December. They will be donated to the Children’s Cottage Society.
Tomorrow Mrs. Claus is coming to Synergea!
Just a reminder that Mrs. Claus is coming to Synergea tomorrow, Wednesday December 14th at 10:30am. She will be reading some of her favorite stories to the children and Amaranth Foods will be supplying nutritious snacks for all. If you have any questions just give us a call at 403-247-2947. See you tomorrow!
Story Time with Mrs. Claus
It is that time of year again for story time with Mrs. Claus. Mrs. Claus is a special friend to Synergea and will be coming to read some of our favorite Christmas stories and visit with the children on Wednesday, December 14th from 10:30am – 11:30am. Delicious, healthy, treats will be provided by our neighbors… continue reading
Bidding for Stronger Relationships
– By Sharon Ashton and Raksha Dave-Gates (Counselling Psychologists) For many of us, December is the busiest social time of the year. Our lives get even busier as we squeeze in all the extras – gift and food shopping, cleaning and decorating, house parties, staff parties, and school festivities. In spite of all the effort… continue reading
– By Sharon Ashton and Raksha Dave-Gates (Counselling Psychologists) Many people look forward to the New Year as a time to focus fresh energy on self-development. Typical resolutions involve positive lifestyle changes such as committing to an exercise or weight loss program or dropping hazardous health habits like smoking or eating junk food. January can… continue reading
Learn the Love Language
– By Sharon Ashton and Raksha Dave-Gates (Counselling Psychologists) “Hu tane prem karu chu”. Unless you speak Gujarati, a language from India, this sentence will leave you baffled. The English translation is, “I love you”. Through experience, we know how important it is for both speaker and listener to converse in the same language. This… continue reading
Overcoming the Winter Doldrums
– By Sharon Ashton and Raksha Dave-Gates (Counselling Psychologists) As the month of March begins, the old saying, “March comes in like a lamb and out like a lion” reminds us that we are sure to have a few more wintry blasts ahead. We can be reassured knowing that the long winter is almost over… continue reading
Your Colorful Personality
– By Sharon Ashton and Raksha Dave-Gates (Counselling Psychologists) As we anticipate the arrival of spring, we look forward to a burst of color as trees and shrubs begin to bud and as tulips and daffodils push their way through the soil. Just as the spring landscape is painted with a vibrant pallet, Dr. Taylor… continue reading
Parents, Children and Sport
By Sharon Ashton and Dr. Raksha Dave-Gates Each weeknight from dinner hour until dusk, community baseball diamonds and outdoor soccer fields will be filled with the sights and sounds of spring. Children by the dozen gather at these seasonal events, spilling out of mini-vans and station wagons with energy and enthusiasm to burn. On the… continue reading
Friendship Throughout the Lifespan
– By Sharon Ashton and Raksha Dave-Gates (Counselling Psychologists) Some of the most important people in our lives are friends. While some friends last a lifetime, others may come and go. Some friends may even vary by season. As summer time approaches, through activities like soccer, golf, backyard barbeques, and visiting the local playground with… continue reading